finishing production

Since my last project blog, I have been re writing my script for the voice over of my section for our group project. Last week when I came in to meet my group I found most were out sick. in this time took another look at my script and decided to change it again. To me, something just didn't seem right about it. 
The following week when the rest of my group were in, we discussed our progress with our individual sections. I showed them my draft script in which they thought was fine.

 We discussed our plans for our voice overs and editing styles. After being reminded about the time limit, I now also think the script i have drafted for my section may be to long. we are aiming for our video to be about four minuets long. With our intro and outro taking approximately 40 seconds. The rest of the time divided by the four people in my group, may be too short for my current script length. While re writing I will have to prioritize information and cut the rest to ensure everyone gets enough time for their section, while also making sure mine is explained as well as I would like. 

While discussing editing, the topic of b roll came up. B roll is a series of shots that are showed during a voice over. for my section, I was planning to draw and use clips from various interviews and videos to explain what I am talking about. For the parts I plan to draw, i am going to have to practice digitally drawing again as I have not practiced in a while. I also need to research more about copyright laws, as the videos I plan to use are not my own. I was also reminded to save the links to my various sources so we can easily create and add our source list to our video. I have already found some green screen effects I would like to use in my section but I think I might look for a few more.

Before my next project blog I would like to:
1. Have a finished Voice over script.
2. Collected and saved the links to various sources I would like to use in my section.
3. Accumulate B roll and green screen effects
4. Practice digital drawing 


I think all my goals to complete for 2 weeks time is realistic and achievable. After I have recorded my script I can finally start putting the video together. Which is my favourite part. I cant wait.


group project.


Comments

Popular Posts